We are currently accepting applications for tutors for the 2018 Summer Session. Unless otherwise noted, Summer Session courses run from June 19 - July 27. We are in need of summer tutors for the following subjects:
- ACCT 20100: Accountancy I
- ACCT 20200: Accountancy II
- ACMS 10145: Stats for Business I
- CHEM 10172: Organic Chemistry I (May 22 - June 22)
- CHEM 20273: Organic Chemistry II (June 25 - July 27)
- ECON 10011: Principles of Microeconomics
- FIN 30210: Managerial Economics
- FIN 30220: Macroeconomic Analysis
- ITAO 20200: Statistical Inference in Business
- ITAO 20600: IT Management and Applications
- MATH 1011: Principles of Finite Math
- MATH 10250: Elements of Calculus I
- MATH 10360: Calculus B (June 4 - July 27)
- MATH 20550: Calculus III (June 4 - July 27)
- Philosophy courses - introductory level and 20000 level - majors or minors only
- PHYS 20210: Physics for Life Science I (May 22 - June 22)
- PHYS 20220: Physics for Life Science II (June 25 - July 27)
- ROSP 20201: Intermediate Spanish I - Native speaker or major preferred
- Theology courses - introductory level and 20000 level - majors or minors only
To be qualified to tutor a course, you must have received a grade of an A or an A- in that course or a higher equivalent (eg: students with an A in MATH 10550 can tutor MATH 10250 or MATH 10350), AP credit, or have received an undergraduate degree in the subject, and must be confident in your ability to effectively convey the subject matter to another student.
We are also accepting applications for tutors, mentors, and monitors for Fall 2018.
- Interested candidates who are current Notre Dame students should apply here.
- Non-Notre Dame students are eligible to apply for Summer Session positions only. We will list this position on the Notre Dame HR website soon with instructions.
- All new employees must list a reference. This can be any instructor who has taught you at the college level. Returning tutors should check that they have already been recommended and write "returner."
- If you have questions, please contact the Tutor Coordinator, Carlton Lyons at email@example.com.
Tutor applicants for subjects of need will be invited to an orientation meeting. Attendance at an orientation meeting is mandatory for employment.