We are currently accepting applications for content tutors for Spring 2019 and for content tutors and monitors for Summer 2019 .
To be qualified to tutor a course, you must have received a grade of an A or an A- in that course or a higher equivalent (eg: students with an A in MATH 10550 can tutor MATH 10250 or MATH 10350), AP credit, or have received an undergraduate degree in the subject, and must be confident in your ability to effectively convey the subject matter to another student. Only current Notre Dame students are eligible to tutor during the regular academic year. Students from other colleges are eligible for employment during the summer. Tutors are generally hired for all quantitative subjects as well as for foreign languages, Theology, Philosophy, and some research methods courses in the social sciences.
Specific subjects of need for Spring 2019 are:
- AME 20241 (Solid Mechanics)
- BIOS 40431 (Cancer Immunotherapy)
- BIO 40414 (Stem Cell Biology)
- FIN 30220 (Macroeconomic Analysis)
- FIN 30600 (Investment Theory)
- ITAO 30640 (Networking and Security)
The undergraduate pay rate is $10/hour, and graduate students are paid $13/hour.
Application instructions for all positions:
- Interested candidates who are current Notre Dame students should apply here. Non-Notre Dame students should apply through the HR website when a posting is available.
- All new employees must list a reference. This can be any instructor who has taught you at the college level. Returning employees should check that they have already been recommended and write "returner."
- If you have questions, please contact the Tutor Coordinator, Carlton Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates for the strategy tutor and monitor positions will be contacted if they are selected for an interview. Tutor applicants for subjects of need will be invited to an orientation meeting. Attendance at an orientation meeting is mandatory for all employment.